Wednesday, October 5, 2016

WEIRD DOLL WEDNESDAY, PART 219


Another auction happened and another lot of dolls were won. 5 tiny dolls for $5.


 Look at the detail on this tiny doll. Beads, trim and lace.


Here she is with the rest of her sisters. Wouldn't you know it, after I took this photo and tidy upped* the cabinet, I found another sister hiding in the back. I was too lazy that day to pull the whole family out and do another photo.  


* "tidy up" is from The Producers. The Swedish secretary cleans up the office by painting everything white. In the costume shop it's a running joke when I tell the students to clean up the shop. They all say "Tidy up!"




  

3 comments:

  1. They're gorgeous, I'm pretty sure I had one of those in my collection that my Dad brought me back from either Romania or Turkey.
    Tidy Up. I've given up saying it, Jon's the messiest person in the world. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. the sewing class is in the space on Tue and Thurs morning, I have to make it fun to clean up.

      Delete
  2. Oopa? These ladies look very Hellenic.

    Yes, the necessities of space sharing do require a communal tidy up. So do the seasonal rituals of entertaining guests: time for tidy up in the kitchen!

    ReplyDelete