Tuesday, December 17, 2013

WHERE DO YOU GET YOUR CHRISTMAS CRAP FROM?

 

I get mine from all over the place. I'm not one to follow this years trend in decorations, so my stuff has been collected since the mid-1970's. 

FIRST UP: NEW AND GIFTED

 

 My friend Sarah makes these wreaths. They sell really well at the charity auction she makes them for.


 New Star Trek Hallmark ornaments.  The Borg cube no longer talks, but when plugged in it said "We are the Borg. Enjoy your holiday, resistance is futile"


 Santa from the 70's. I bought this fellow at Weinstocks in Sacramento. He broke in half and is losing his color, but I don't care. I'll keep him forever


 My Dad sent me these, our family ornaments. He divided up the Christmas stuff years ago. I wonder what happened to the silver tree?



 Santa painted on an oyster shell.  Don't remember who gave me this. I'll not going to have every new piece in this post, that would be nuts!!!


SECOND UP: HOMEMADE


 Tree skirt made from a sheet. Stencils were in an old issue of Martha Stewart Living.


 Recycle your Christmas cards into ornaments.


 Pine cones from the yard and glitter


 Use leftover beads and earring hooks to made pretty beaded earring things





 Ornaments made from old patterns. I made the Nutcracker ones in 1980 from a Vogue pattern. I always look through the patterns at thrift stores because you never know what will turn up. It's a great way to find vintage craft patterns.


THIRD UP: RESCUE OTHER PEOPLES REJECTS


 The 2 green angles are candles holders. The homemade tree is decorated with buttons, broken jewelry, beads etc. Why would someone get rid of this? But, hey, thanks, I love it.


vintage glass nativity


Santa and the wife
 I would have been rude not to buy this crap. The red one is a wishbone and a thimble. Crafty!



Someone took along time to make this pillow.


Karaoke elves

Break dancing Santa

Santa's a dare devil!

Santa planter.


Santa decanter and his friend
 


Christmas Eve Inc limited edition of 30,000. That's what the label says.


AND A 3-IN-ONE: GIFTED, THRIFTED AND VINTAGE


My sister-in-law gave (1)this to me years ago. She found it in a thrift store(2),  and on the bottom of the pieces it says "SA 79", so that makes it vintage(3). 


As the Borg say "Enjoy your holiday, resistance is futile"

 

PS: There maybe one more Christmas post.



8 comments:

  1. 90% of my Christmas decorations are rescues. My past two Countdowns to Kitschmas highlighted all of my finds. I've since scaled back and bought a 3' artificial tree this year that shows in the background of my avatar.

    I'd snap up that angel chalkware of yours!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not listening to those Borgs, I'm resisting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice collection and excellent ideas - I have no X-mas decos at all - But i do appreciate others' - So interesting !

    Arianexo

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fabulous collection......I love the Santa in the Xmas car...cute.
    Love v

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the Trek figurines and the borg cube. I think it is awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Bwa-ha-ha. The Borg is brilliant. The pillow is amazing - sad that it has been discarded, but wonderful that you still see its beauty. Now we know why Santa is so jolly, re. the decanter. Your ornaments made from patterns are also fantastic. I must remember to check patterns in the shop to dream about what I could make if I had more skills!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the Star Trek ornaments. This year I got all of my ornaments and décor from the Dollar Tree. Decked out the house for like, $10.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love the Dollar Tree! Why would you not shop there? I get all my fake flowers there

      Delete