Saturday, January 12, 2013


Monday: My new vintage coat. 3/4 sleeves and flouncy dress sleeves
Dress #1; black and white floral pattern

Tuesday: black and white dress with circles.

Wednesday: black and white dress with a black knit cape. I couldn't get a better shot of this one, the lighting outside sucked.

Thursday: Black and white dresses with squares

Friday: black and white dress with dots. The pattern made us dizzy. That's my story and I'm sticking too it.

5 black and white dresses on a black and white floor. Except for Thursday's dress, all the clothes were thrifted. Thursday's dress was from Ross's and was $15 or $20. The most expensive second hand piece was the vintage coat which was $11.75.  So for under $100, I got 5 outfits. Take Bella Q's pledge to shop second hand first, as you never know what you'll find! PS: I have 2 more black and white dresses, but next week I'm wearing color!


  1. Well done, You look gorgeous in all of them

  2. What's black and white and red all over?? You with your hair on top! I love black and white together and they're all flattering on you.

  3. Outstanding B&W looks. The first photo has a great kimonoesque look to it that I love. I look forward to colour next!

  4. Truly perfect Black & White dresses and you look so fabulous in them, Yay!!!!!
    Love v

  5. gorgeous black and whiteness. I love it. ooh and love your hair down too!

  6. I love black and white! I looove those flouncy sleeves!
    Dots/spots make me dizzy too!

    Darl, "op shop" is short for Opportunity Shop, which I suppose refers to the opportunity to pick up a bargain?! Mostly run by church charities here, occasionally by women's refuge or the Cat's Protection league or various other chariable institutions! I love local vernacular, which is why I pointed out that in NZ, I opshop, in the USA, I thrift!

  7. Yay for black and white dresses - i need MORE!!! You look great in all of them and I love the capelet on the second and the sleeves on the first one. Sarah xxx