Wednesday, July 11, 2012

WEIRD DOLL WEDNESDAY. part 1

About a year ago it dawned on me that I have a lot of odd, strange looking dolls. The ones people buy on vacation and somehow turn up at thrift shops, yard sales, estate sales and the street. I gathered them all up and bought them a nice bookshelf to live in. So, welcome to me new weekly post!
A beautiful dancing doll. She's made out of clay and has 4-parts. And moves around like a bobble head. She's Indian, I think. Got her in a box lot from an auction.

2 comments:

  1. These are really popular in the markets in India and a lot of the tuk-tuk (rickshaw) drivers have them on their dashboards. I've got a couple (a Hindi dancer and Ganesh) but they are papier mache! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Papier mache make more since, because she kind of light. I love how she "dances"

    ReplyDelete