Wednesday, May 21, 2014

WEIRD DOLL WEDNESDAY, PART 99

 

99!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Well that's deserves a special one!

 

In 2010 I designed the costumes for Buried Child by Sam Shepard. I won't go into the plot, but it involved a  strange family, corn,  a wooden leg and a dead baby. At the season ending banquet that year was a table scape contest. I won, with Buried Child done with fashion dolls.



Here's from left to right: Dodge, Shelly, Tilden, Vince, Halie, Father Dewes, and Bradley.

AKA: A New Kid On The Block, A Barbie, A Ken, Vanilla Ice, Christie Brinkley, Another New Kid and Luke from 90210


Halie, Tilden with said dead baby bones and Shelly. The dress draped over the back of the couch is Halie's change.


Vince pull a knife during the play, hence the seam ripper. I also make the couch. The play is pretty creepy and I did just find show photos. I may do a post soon with them.


I've been crazy busy the past week. Working on the summer musicals is a ton of work! I've been taking work photos so stay tuned for that. Here's a hint: someone flys!

 

8 comments:

  1. Thats amazing, best doll display ever! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Accolades to the most interesting rubber-chicken luncheon centerpiece ever created! The seam-ripper is especially effective, given the artist's profession...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Are you working on Peter Pan?!?!? HM????

    ReplyDelete
  4. wouau, amazing!, you're so talented!
    besos

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my what a glorious centrepiece!! I see there are candles nearby. I wonder if they were used in any kind of dinner time exorcism or other ritual involving flammables and lots of alcohol. x

    ReplyDelete
  6. no alcohol, the banquet was on campus and no exorcism. :(

    ReplyDelete