Sunday, April 9, 2017

DAY OFF, PART 2


The permanent collection at The Dali Museum is...........tada! Dali!

Some of his early work looks like a completely different artist.


 Early Dali painting that I forgot to get the name of.


 See what I mean? There's so much stuff going on in this one, including me and The Doctor.


Christopher Columbus

 

 

 Sorry about not having the names of the paintings.


 There's me again.


 The Doctor "wearing" Dali's moustache.

 Recreation of part of Frida's garden.


Taking a walk through the labyrinth.

Did I mention the gift shop?


 I love a fun jigsaw puzzle.


Frida t-shirt, wristbands and the pamphlet. I got some gifts for my BFF cause she couldn't go with us. But they're surprises. Shhh, don't tell her. I didn't look at all the really cool jewelry, ok, maybe out of the corner of my eye. We had lunch at the CafĂ© Gala, named after Dali's wife and muse.

I'm going to try to talk The Boss into a field trip in the late fall. That's when the Dali and Schiaparelli exhibit is (10-18/1-14-18). That will be something I don't want to miss.




2 comments:

  1. Wah! I'm so envious, this looks fabulous.
    I did go to the Dali museum in Spain but that was last century! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Quite right about the variations in Dali's style, Thorne, he was as skilled a draftsman as any other painter, his choice of subjects made his work memorable. 'Memorable' as in 'unforgettable', as in 'can't be unseen'. Not my cuppa, I'd rather admire Frida's little dry chadar (with bowling balls?).

    ReplyDelete