Wednesday, May 6, 2015

WEIRD DOLL WEDNESDAY, PART 146

 

Yesterday was Cinco de Mayo, better know in the USA as another day to get drunk. Sort of like St. Paddy's Day without the green beer.


 This lovely couple says "Please respect our culture"


I made Frida Barbie for my BFF a few years ago. Let's see are there any other holidays from other countries coming up? Bastille Day, but nobody cares much about that one. Guess it's too close to the Fourth Of July. Enjoy  other people cultures, but stop turning the holidays into reasons to get drunk.  (tangent over)





6 comments:

  1. How come I've never heard of it? It involves booze !
    Green beer? Tell me more. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. For true partiers the fact that they are breathing is a reason to get drunk. I don't drink much - I'd rather eat cake. Is there a holiday for that?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the Frida Barbie. My 8 yr old daughter had made hers into a Goth Barbie complete with tattoos!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You gave me a fit of the giggles, Thorne. I have acquaintances who celebrate the holidays of any and all cultures. (Did you know that "Bog!" is Croatian for "Hello"?) Can't wait to read how you explain the American-Irish green beer thingy to Vix.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I use Cinco de mayo as an excuse to crab up on my homemade tortillas

    ReplyDelete